Employment Opportunity: Communications Assistant
Job responsibilities include:
• Preparing and issuing all communication materials, including parliamentary newsletters, news releases and media advisories;
• Creating and maintaining social media accounts and a website;
• Monitoring local and national media;
• Responding to media requests and arranging interviews;
• Performing other administrative tasks, as requested by management;
• Preparing and revising various documents;
• Being involved in local issues and the Member’s priorities;
• Attending meetings and activities as a representative of the constituency office.
The ideal candidate has these qualifications:
• Exceptional ability to communicate orally and in writing;
• Excellent command of French and good command of spoken English;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Good analytical, organizational and planning ability, as well as tact, loyalty, good judgment, resourcefulness, courtesy and an optimistic outlook;
• Initiative in both individual and team work;
• Dynamic, creative, inquisitive, independent;
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities independently, and to work on several projects simultaneously;
• Commitment to a job well done and to customer satisfaction;
• Familiar with social media platforms and Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Outlook;
• Experience in audio and video production;
• Professionalism and absolute discretion;
• Interest in federal politics.
Conditions of Employment
• Place of work: Montmagny constituency office (6 St-Jean-Baptiste, Montmagny) or Rivière-du-Loup constituency office (277 Lafontaine, Rivière-du-Loup)
• Status of position: full-time hours (37.5 hours a week)
• Start date: April 1, 2019
• Length: to be determined
• Salary will be based on the candidate’s experience
Applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 22nd, 2019: please email your CV and cover letter to Ms. Annie Francoeur, Regional Director, at email@example.com.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.